Report an Absence
Absences can make rehearsals difficult for everyone, particularly in the case of soloists or those with unique parts. We may also schedule sectionals for an individual section if deemed necessary, but this will only be effective if most of the section will be present.
Therefore, missing excessive rehearsals (more than two per trimester) is unacceptable and the conductor may take this into account during seating and if the problem persists the conductor may take further action.
It is each student’s responsibility to check in at rehearsal each week. A Parent Volunteer will be stationed at the entrance to assist with the check-in procedure.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is important that you stay home from rehearsal if the student is experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Temperature 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit of higher when taken by mouth
- Sore throat
- New uncontrolled cough that caused difficulty breathing (for those with chronic allergic/asthmatic cough, a change in cough from baseline)
- Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
- New onset of sever headache, especially with a fever
- Close contact (within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 min) with a person with confirmed COVID-19
- Traveled within the last two weeks to an area where there are large numbers of COVID-19 cases being reported.
Reporting an Absence
Excused absences are those reported by the Friday before rehearsal or those due to illness or family emergency such as a death in the family. Absences not reported by Friday prior to the missed rehearsal will not be considered excused, except in the case of illness or family emergency.
- Regular excused absence: Report an absence via our website
- Dress rehearsal/Concert absences: These should be EXTREMELY infrequent and are subject to your conductor's approval. We will NOT accept absence notifications for dress rehearsals within the week prior to the rehearsal/concert except in the case of illness, death in the family, or similar cases. For those with an individual part (winds, brass, percussion, soloists) and principals, there is less flexibility. Please note possible conflicts early so that we can work together to compromise or resolve the conflict altogether.